Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Our tree is up and decorated and there are even a few presents wrapped.


This is Peppermint, we call him PJ our Elf who Santa has sent to watch over Ella and Ashley until Christmas!
The girls got their very own tree this year in their upstairs playroom. I remember growing up we always had a kids tree downstairs that we got to decorate however we wanted. This way my mom got her fancy upstairs tree that she could color coordinate so I wanted to start this tradition for my girls. This year we did a candy tree and I love the way it turned out. It took a few different evenings to decorate it because Ella seemed to get easily distracted but it was a lot of fun!





The finished product!
A few of my favorite ornaments on the girls tree...

This was my ornament as a little girl, my very first cabbage patch

 One of the cupcakes that made the perfect candy tree
Gingerbread man from our friends and neighbors the Ledesma's
 Ashley's First Christmas ornament (this was also mine as a baby)
The girls upstairs stockings
Ok it's official we are ready for Christmas!


2 comments:

Goodies said...

Girl...where did you find that gumdrop garland!?! I've been looking for something like that for YEARS. We have a "candy" tree too!

Kim said...

Andrea! Where did you get those cute cupcake pjs! Are they gymboree?? Your girls are growing up fast. I love the rooms you have decorated too...so adorable!