Friday, March 4, 2011

March Madness

In honor of National Craft Month (I know sad that I know this), I thought that I would highlight some of the crafts and projects I have been working on around the house.

First I refinished my old vanity that I got when I was probably twelve. I thought it would be so cute in Ella's room and I loved the idea of the girls having something that was mine when I was growing up. It was unfinished wood and we never did anything with it so after sanding, priming and painting it almost looks as good as new. I am really happy with the way that it turned out and instead of buying a new piece of furniture for the girls I spent $24 on paint. My next project will be to refinish some type of antique chair or bench to go with it.

Primed and ready for paint.
I forgot to take a before picture so here is an in between picture.

After

I fell in love with this fabric that I found at Jo-anns that was on sale and knew it would work perfect for new throw pillows for our family room couches. My mother-in-law helped me with this project because I am not the greatest seamstress and had no idea what I was doing. Could not have done these without her!!!


I saw something similar on a crafting blog (sorry don't know which one) and had to try my hand at it. I made the wreath from some crepe paper streamers from the dollar store and a paper plate. I got the frame from goodwill for $2.00 and painted it white and added the knob. 



These are dollar frames from Michael's that I used scrapbook paper and Mod Podge to make. The flower is from fabric I got at the dollar store and frayed the edges and then sewed together. I have also been making these flowers for hair clips for Ella and one day Ashley :)


I made this initial plaque to sit at our bar area. Again Mod Podge...can I say I LOVE this stuff!


 Lastly I made this tutu for Ashley's upcoming ONE year pictures.


With all of this crafting it's no wonder my husband thinks I need to go back to work :)

Happy National Crafting Month!!!!

2 comments:

Marnae and Matt said...

Wow I am very impressed with all your crafting. You are sure creative.

SuLee said...

Woweeeee! I LOVE everyting you did! Way to go crafting Mamma!