Thursday, March 10, 2011

11 Months Old



Ashley decided to wake up at 5:00 am this morning, making this mommy a little cranky. But as I was rocking her I noticed a couple things. First that she now takes up my whole lap with her legs dangling down, second that she almost has enough hair to put in a bow. I know this may not seem like much but I swear just yesterday she was my little peanut and as we are fastly approaching one year I can't help to start to notice all of the changes that have taken place in just the last month or two. So here is a little preview of what my little Ashy is doing at 11 months old.

  • Sleeping through the night in her own bed the whole time. This is actually a big milestone for us because for a long time she was falling asleep in our bed and I would then transfer her to her own bed once she was asleep.
  • Eating new foods! Her favorites are waffles, cottage cheese, blue berries, bananas, and chicken. And just yesterday she started drinking milk! (YAY no more expensive formula!)
  • She waves, claps her hands, gives high fives, and dances anytime she hears music!
  • She says Mama, Dada, baba, baby and every once in awhile something that sounds a lot like Ella.
  • She can take a couple steps but then starts to laugh and falls down
  • She thinks standing on her own is the greatest thing ever and always has a very proud smile on her face when she does it.
  • Is extremely fast and will grab anything and everything that she can get her hands on including glasses, food, and mom's decorations.
  • Speaking of my decorations when you tell her no she holds one finger up and waves it and says, "Na Na Na."
  • She loves to share her food with Apollo.
  • If you ask her how old she is going to be she holds up one finger
  • She loves to eat paper...I know weird. We are always grabbing it out of her hands and her mouth! We joke that she is going to be on that show My Strange Addiction.
  • If you say Ashley give kisses, she will lean in and smack her lips...this is my favorite thing ever!
  • She loves to push her stroller that Unlce Eddie and Auntie Chrissy got her, it is by far her favorite toy.
  • She has two bottom teeth that seriously just popped through this past month.
  • She seems to have a little bit of a temper, especially when you take her out of the bath tub before she is ready. She loves her bath time.
  • Ashley is still mesmerized by her big sister and wants to be with her all the time. I am happy to report that at this stage in the game the feeling is mutual...I hope it stays that way :) 
But most importantly she has added so much joy to our family and we couldn't love this little girl more!

No comments: