Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fourteen Months Old

Fourteen months old and the time is still flying by. Ashley keeps us on our toes constantly and there has seriously been no time to stop and reflect. I remember when I found out we were having another girl I just figured everything would be pretty much the same as it had been with Ella. Oh how wrong I was! Ashley and Ella are two completely different personalities and I am quickly learning that I have to parent them entirely different. Ashley is busy beyond anything I could have ever prepared for and is on the move from the second she wakes up to the second she goes to sleep. She is a complete daredevil and seems to have no fear of anything....this is the reason for the consistent bruises on her forehead. She is extremely determined  and strong willed and has such a happy spirit. She is starting to talk more and more, she says momma, dada, apollo, ella, out, up, more, this, bye-bye and a handful of other words I am sure I am forgetting. She pretty much runs everywhere she goes and seems to be pretty athletic. She will climb anything and there has been more times than I would like to count that I have found her standing on something wondering how in the world she was able to get there. By far her favorite past time is aggravating her sister, when Ella is watching a show Ashley will run across the room just to turn it off. Which of course makes Ella crazy! Although they do have their fights they absolutely love each other and are starting to play together really well. When Ashley wakes up the first thing she says is, "Ella, Ella?" Although I am exhausted by the end of the day this little girl melts my heart :)

No comments: