Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Mother's Day to Remember


Mother's Day started out as the perfect day. Bernie let me sleep in and then took me to brunch at Chamber's Bay Golf Course. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the gorgeous view with our mimosa's in hand. After breakfast we came home and had some family time and then all took a much needed two hour nap. Then we were off to Bernie's parents house for dinner. They had the whole crew over and Ella enjoyed eating ribs for the very first time! Then the day day took a turn. All of the cousins were running around playing and I heard a thud and turned to find Ella laying on the cement. She had fallen off the stairs of the deck and landed right on the cement head first. After she had calmed down a little and I had checked for blood she said, "mommy head hurt!" After further inspection of her head we found a huge goose egg that was growing rapidly on the side of her head. Not wanting to mess around with a head injury it was off to Mary Bridge ER we went. She was such a trooper through the whole thing, when we went into the exam room she didn't want to sit on the bed she said "no, mommy's bed!" She had remembered from when Ashley was born that I was in a bed just like that...so I had to sit up there with her. And as we waited (as patiently as you possibly can with a 22 month old at 9:00pm after a very long day) for the doctor to come in Ella was banging on the door saying "somebody, doctor, somebody r'u!" She made us laugh...just like always. Although this was not where I wanted to end my perfect Mother's Day I was so glad when the doctor checked her out and said she was all right....what a relief!!! I am guessing this will be a Mother's Day I will remember for a long, long time!

No comments: