Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snow Daze




















 We have had snow on the ground for almost a week now. It started with a light dusting maybe three inches or so, the girls were thrilled and so was I. We played with neighbor friends until complete exhaustion snuggled up and watched movies and just had the best time. Then I got an unexpected opportunity to go to LA for a night which was when the "real" storm was supposed to hit. So I left town and my in-laws happily hosted the kids for the night and the snow actually showed up just like they said it would. While I was in sunny LA we were getting over a foot of snow. Bernie said that it was almost too much for the girls especially Ashley who had a hard time walking in it. Luckily I was able to get home the next day after canceled and delayed flights I was actually really lucky to get back when I did. The unfortunate part is that then all that beautiful snow had turned into ice and was too dangerous to go out and play in with the kids. We were housebound for a few days and had lots of play dates and special activities that we usually don't do just to keep the kids entertained. It was a fun adventure but I am happy to be back to the normal routine of school and other activities that fill up our weeks :)

No comments: