Friday, August 20, 2010

Long Beach

We decided last minute that we needed to take one last mini vacation this summer so we packed the kids and the dog and headed for the ocean. Bernie's cousin's have a house two blocks off of the main strip in Long Beach that they let us stay at, it was such a great trip. I got to relax and read my book, Bernie got a day of fishing in with his parents, Ella and Ashley had a blast playing in the sand and Apollo was like a puppy again chasing the birds and running all over the beach! We got lucky and just happened to be there during the International Kite Festival which was actually a lot of fun. Ella even got her very own Nemo kite and flew it all by herself! The kids are becoming really good travelers besides some minor mishaps at bedtime. Unfortunately for us this was the trip that Ella figured out how to climb out of her pack and play... let's just say she was very proud of herself and felt the need to show us over and over again, thankfully after two hours she finally wore out! Another fun family vacation for the books...I have to say I do not want this summer to end we have been having a blast!

2 comments:

Goodies said...

Cracking me up that Ella climbed out! I know it's one of those things that's funny the first time...and then becomes a headache! :) Looks like a fun trip!

Annie Kiehl said...

Looks like summer has been so much fun. Let's play together soon. School starts tomorrow, and I think I'm ready for routine to start back up. Yea! Great blog. I'll be following closely!!