Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hives



As I was getting Ella ready for bed the other night I noticed a rash on her thigh that looked a little weird, within ten minutes it had spread all over the back of her legs and arms. I was really nervous having never seen anything like it before. I had my mother-in-law come over to take a look and she said it was hives so we gave her some benedryl and within a half hour they were gone. The next morning she woke up with a few more so I again gave her some benedryl and once again they disappeared. Later that day as I was in the garage doing a project Bernie comes running out and says they are back...at this point we decided that we needed someone to take a look and let us know what to do. So off to the Mary Bridge ER we went, for the second time in the past three months...ugh! The doctor said yep they were in fact hives and it is unlikely that we will ever really know what the culprit was but to keep an eye out if something she is around consistently causes these flare ups. My own mommy instincts tell me that it was a plant or flower in our back yard that she got into, she likes to help me water the plants and at times has thought it is a good idea to pull the flowers off and smell them so I wouldn't put it past her that she may have even put one of them in her mouth for a second or two. It was so awful to see this rash all over her small little body but we are so thankful that it wasn't something more serious.  

1 comment:

Goodies said...

Poor thing! Hope you find out what is the cause!