Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Woodland Park Zoo

My mom and I took Ella to the Woodland Park Zoo today and had a fun time checking out all of the animals. I wasn't sure if she was too young to enjoy it but I thought we would try it out anyway. Turns out you are never too young to enjoy the zoo! Ella was delighted when she saw the animals, especially the giraffes. They are her favorite, she has a stuffed giraffe at home that she sometimes sleeps with. At first they moved so slow that she didn't seem to notice them but once she did she couldn't get enough. Since giraffes seem to be her favorite we took her to the giraffe feeding and she got to feed them herself. That was the highlight of the day for Ella but also for my mom and I, they really are gental giants and so beautiful. Ella also enjoyed the elephants and penguins, unfortunately the lions, tigers and bears were all napping during our visit. I am sure the zoo will get even more fun the older that Ella gets and am so glad that we have both Woodland Park and Point Defiance so close to us!

No comments: